Study programme and level
|Lectures||Seminar||Tutorial||Druge oblike študija||Individual Work||ECTS|
|Study programme and level||Study field||Academic year||Semester|
|II. level||Law and Management of Real Estate||1||1|
|Lectures||Seminar||Tutorial||Laboratory work||Field work||Individ. work||ECTS|
doc. dr. Boštjan Aver
There are no specific conditions (exam is in the form of construction and the presentation of the starters).
Content (Syllabus outline)
Marketing strategy is the plan, how the pursuit of the objectives of the company in a particular market segment and is an important by the next decisions:
– how to segment real estate market;
– on which segments of customers target;
– what products or services to offer any of the segments;
– what form of promotion select and in which media advertise real estate;
– what real estate prices charged to customers, etc.
– sales price of real estate,
– promotion and marketing communication,
– sales channels for the real estate,
– the processes and procedures,
– real estate participants,
– the environment, etc.
The key buyers of immovable property:
– awareness and proper handling, paying…
Cooperation with external agency (strengths and weaknesses, how to participate?):
– Are we capable to derive marketing strategy or that we need the help of the agency?
– Addressing cooperation, preparation of the platform?
Preparation of the platform for the production of advertisements:
– objectives, with messages we want to achieve (increase awareness, sales effects or the strengthening of the brand).
By means of practical examples to face the challenges of modern promotional and sales channels.
Target management and monitoring of the sale:
– achieving sales targets with the operations, which lead to the achievement of the goals.
– Walker Orville C., Jr., Boyd Harper W., Jr., Larreche Jean-Claude: Marketing Strategy, Planing and Implementation.
– Kaplan Robert S., Norton David P.: Uravnoteženi sistem kazalnikov. The Balanced Scorecard. Ljubljana: GV založniška skupina, d.d., 2000.
– Kotler Phillip: Trženjsko upravljanje analiza, načrtovanje, izvajanje in nadzor.
– Prosojnice s predavanj.
Objectives and competences
The objectives of the object are essentially:
– get to know the importance of marketing, sales and advertising (in the case of real estate),
– to acquaint themselves with the preparation of marketing strategy,
– key purchasers of real estate (property),
– cooperation with an external agency (the advantages and disadvantages),
– preparation of the starting point for making advertisements,
– by means of practical examples to face the challenges of contemporary promotional and sales channels,
– target management and monitoring of the sale of real estate, etc.
Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
– the importance of the marketing of real estate and their advertising and sales;
– problems in the preparation of a suitable marketing concept of immovable property;
– the advantages and disadvantages of cooperation with the external real estate agency;
– the importance of marketing strategies in case of sale of real estate property (real estate target segments of customers; which products or services to offer to which of the segments; what form of promotion of real estate in which the media advertise select; what real estate prices to charge potential customers, etc.).
Learning and teaching methods
Exam: favourably assessed seminar order (theory and practical example), the presentation of the starters (in power point) and the replies to the questions asked in connection with the topic of the seminars.
Doc. dr. Bostjan Aver obtained a Ph.D in Economics at the Faculty of Economics in Ljubljana, receiving the title of Doctor of Science in the field of Management and Organisation in April 2004. He is currently Assistant Professor of Business Economics (from 24.11.2014 to 11.23.2019) and was Assistant Professor of Finance and Accounting (from 7.7.2009 to 07.06.2014). From 15th February 2014 he has been the Director of the public company Komunalno podjetje Logatec and before that, from 13th July 2013 until 15th February 2014, he was CEO of the aforementioned company. From September 2007 to October 2009 Aver was CEO of the Mutual Health Insurance company Vzajemna Zdravstvena Zavarovalnica and before that for several years, from 2004 to 2007, Head of Finance, Accounting and Controlling. From 2000 to the beginning of 2004 he was employed at Banka Koper d.d, lastly as Head of Planning and Monitoring and before that Head of Controlling. From December 2008 to January 2011 he was Chairman of the Supervisory Board of capital pension and disability insurance company KAD (Kapitalska Družba Pokojninskega in Invalidskega Zavarovanja d.d.). From December 2009 to October 2012 he was also Member of the Supervisory Board and the Audit Committee of Juteks d.d. Dr. Aver is the author of numerous scientific and technical articles, mainly in the field of finance, accounting, controlling and project management. He presented his contributions during conferences held on national and international level and was also a member of the Editorial Board of the Slovenian banking journal Bančni Vestnik. He was actively involved with the Slovenian Association for Project Management. He was a lecturer in “Business Finance” at the Faculty of Management in Koper, from September 2007 onwards. He teaches “Real Estate Marketing” at the European Faculty of Law in Nova Gorica (and head professor teaching three subjects for the PMIN Programme). For several years he has been cooperating with the Faculty of Economics of the University of Ljubljana as a visiting professor, where he teaches “Health Insurance”. He is also a visiting professor at the “European School of Law and Governance”, European University in Kosovo. Currently dr. Aver is focusing on “Effectiveness, efficiency and solvency of the company” and “Managerial Economics” at Gea College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship and before that he taught “Introduction to Personal Finance” and “Life and Health Insurance” for the University programme “Financial Adviser”. Professor Aver also received several awards and certificates, including the Certificate of the Slovenian Directors’ Association, the Certificate of State Supervisors and many other certificates in the field of Project Management, etc. Professor Aver has given his contribution to important projects such as: a) the Targeted Research Programme Project (CRP projekt) “Ensuring ourselves food for tomorrow” – “The Development of a Comprehensive System for Production and Income Risks Management in Slovenian Agriculture and Fishing Industry”; b) the project “Accessibility improved at Border CROSSINGS for the Integration of South East Europe« (Project leader: Central European Initiative – Executive Secretariat), etc. From 2012 to 31.12.2015 dr. Boštjan Aver is working on the financial control of the Trbovlje-Hrastnik mine closure (invitation to tender for technical and financial control of the Trbovlje-Hrastnik mine closure for the period 2012-2015), i.e. for the contracting authority the Ministry of Infrastructure of the Republic of Slovenia. He has also had other experiences in the field of financial supervision and financial advisory services (e.g. financial advising to the Izola General Hospital in preparing the “Report on Financial Restructuring Measures at Izola GH according to the Financial Operations, Insolvency Proceedings and Compulsory Dissolution Act (ZFPPIPP)” and other financial and accounting consulting to Izola GH in the years 2010-2013; financial and other consultancy to some companies in Slovenia, etc. ).
- Walker Orville C., Jr., Boyd Harper W., Jr., Larreche Jean-Claude: Marketing Strategy, Planing and Implementation.
- Kaplan Robert S., Norton David P.: Uravnoteženi sistem kazalnikov. The Balanced Scorecard. Ljubljana: GV založniška skupina, d.d., 2000.
- Kotler Phillip: Trženjsko upravljanje analiza, načrtovanje, izvajanje in nadzor.
- Prosojnice s predavanj.