What is Career Centre?
The Career Center of the new university represents the contact point between students, graduates, faculties and potential employers. It was established for the purpose of advising students or students. graduates in their career development and providing support in study and practical orientations. It carefully plan and plan its activities in accordance with the orientations of the Operational Program for the implementation of the European Cohesion Policy in 2014-2020, Europe 2020 Strategy, Slovenian Smart Specialization Strategy and the orientations of the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport within the given seizure of labor market.
The role and importance of the Career Center of the New University as the Inner Department of Career Development and International Mobility of the new University is governed by the Rules on the Functioning of the Career Center of the New University (Rules on the Career Center of the New University). The Rules define the organization of the NU Career Center and Member States, rights and obligations, financing activities, general tasks and an annual plan of operation.
What is the vision and mission of the Career Centre?
The vision of CC NU is to become a high-quality and efficient institution in the field of career development and counseling for young people, and to become the main point of contact between students, graduates, the Faculty and employers.
The mission of CC is to enable young people to make an easy and high-quality transition to the labor market and to improve the connection between the economic and academic environment. With the help of additional training and counseling, CC NU strives to properly prepare students and graduates for their first job and tries to provide the public and private sector with suitably qualified personnel.
What is the purpose of the Career Centre?
The purpose of CC NU is to create holistic support from students both in their study and career path. It serves as a tool for a successful transition to first employment, because through various workshops, presentation of professions, individual tests and counseling, it is career for students and provides them with additional practical knowledge, providing quality staff to employers.
CC NU is also friendly to employers looking for staff for their businesses. CC NU strives to work with them as much as possible and take into account their labor market needs. According to employers’ needs, CC will try to direct students to the sought after professions, as well as encourage successful students, advocate their professional guidelines and take care of their promotion within the given dimensions of the labor market.
What does the Career Centre offer?
Career Centre NU offers a variety of activities aimed at students, graduates and employers, thereby striving to improve the integration of students into the labor market and increase the flexibility of their employment.
- individual or group career and study consulting and career plan preparation,
• personality testing of students,
• providing information about possibilities for formal and informal acquisition of additional competencies and experience,
• advising students with special needs.
- career workshops,
• soft skills training,
• lectures, seminars, workshops, round tables and other meetings and events aimed towards connecting the students with potential employers,
• presentation of employers at the Faculty,
• visits to the working environment of employers.
Providing information on:
- job vacancies at home and abroad and options for employment,
• summer schools,
• study programmes at home and abroad,
• options for practical training at home and abroad.
- with potential employers,
• with public employment services,
• with other agencies in the field of education,
• with other similar institutions.