Study programme and level
|Lectures||Seminar||Tutorial||Druge oblike študija||Individual Work||ECTS|
Fulfillment of requirements to enroll into 2nd year.
Content (Syllabus outline)
1. The historical and cultural bases of labour law, its dimensions and the relation of the legal subsystem to other legal subsystems.
2. The interdisciplinary aspects of labour law relations and the linkage of the labour law to the social security law as well as human resource management and industrial relations.
3. The origins and the development of labour law.
4. The constitutional and international basis of labour law with emphasis on European law.
5. The legal regulation of the individual labour law relations:
•employment contract and the distinction with other form of work,
•termination of employment contract,
•rights, obligations and responsibilities of employment relations.
•protection of employees’ rights.
6. Legal regulation of collective employment relations: trade union freedom, strike and employee participation.
7. Digitalization of labour law: the impact of technology on the future of labour law and new forms of work.
Objectives and competences
- Provide students the ability to identify characteristics of different types of contracts connected with labour. Provide students the ability to use legal rules, which regulate these relations.
- To provide students the ability to differentiate among the different kinds of the legal regulations, which regulate the employment relations.
- To teach students how to use fundamental legal principles which have the key role in the different legal subsystems.
- Ability to implement the historic and cultural basic stones of the law in order to enable students the correct understanding and use of legal regulations in the area of the employment relations.
- Ability to use elementary legal institutes and ability to use them secondarily or/and as subsidiary tools in the area of the labour relations.
- The ability for control the implementation and use of legal regulations on the micro level in works units. The ability to use sanctions in works units in case of violation of the legal regulations.
- The ability to evaluate the quality of the regulations – monitored from the social development point of view.
The ability for critical analysis of specific parts of the legal system as well as for forming incentives for the changes in this area.
Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
- Students gain basic knowledge about the wide area of labour law regulations.
- Students learn the extent of the areas of individual and collective labour law relations. Students are trained to understand how to use the legal principles in connection with the regulations mentioned above.
Learning and teaching methods
- Case Studies
Type (examination, oral, coursework, project):
Written exam 100 %.
KRAPEŽ, Katarina, FRANCA, Valentina, SENČUR PEČEK, Darja. Socialnopravni položaj delavcev na družinskih kmetijah. Delavci in delodajalci : [revija za delovno pravo in pravo socialne varnosti], ISSN 1580-6316, 2012, letn. 12, [št.] 4, str. 553-575. [COBISS.SI-ID 4594903]
KRAPEŽ, Katarina. Sodobni izzivi pravnega varstva znanstvenih del – med avtroskopravnim monopolom in samoregulacijo v znanosti. Lexonomica : revija za pravo in ekonomijo, ISSN 1855-7147. [Tiskana izd.], dec. 2014, letn. 6, št. 2, str. 173-186. http://www.lexonomica.com/journal/images/volume_6/No_2/02-Krapez-Sodobni%20izzivi%20pravnega%20varstva%20znanstvenih%20del.pdf. [COBISS.SI-ID 279734528]
KRAPEŽ, Katarina. The (un)originality of scientific papers an analysis of professional quality standards. V: DERMOL, Valerij (ur.), TRUNK ŠIRCA, Nada (ur.), ĐAKOVIĆ, Goran (ur.). Active citizenship by knowledge management & innovation : proceedings of the Management, Knowledge and Learning International Conference 2013, 19-21 June 2013, Zadar, Croatia, (MakeLearn, ISSN 2232-3309). Bangkok; Celje; Lublin: ToKnowPress. 2013, str. 945-955, tabela. http://www.toknowpress.net/ISBN/978-961-6914-02-4/papers/ML13-342.pdf. [COBISS.SI-ID 4788951]
KRAPEŽ, Katarina. New paradigms for fostering innovation in scientific publishing. V: SEDMAK, Suzana (ur.), et al. Managing global diversities : abstracts of the joint international conference organized by University of Primorska, Faculty of Management, Slovenia [and] Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow School of Economics, Russian Federation [and] Juraj Dobrila University of Pula, Faculty of Economics and Tourism “Dr. Mijo Mirkovic”, Croatia [and] Association for the Study of East European Economies and Cultures, USA, and Society for the Study of Emerging Markets, USA, (Management International Conference, ISSN 1854-4312). Koper: University of Primorska Press. 2018, str. 311. http://www.hippocampus.si/ISBN/978-961-7023-90-9/177P.pdf. [COBISS.SI-ID 1540394692]
HAFNER, Ana, KRAPEŽ, Katarina. Technology transfer process : what is in it for the researcher?. V: RODIČ, Blaž (ur.). Book of Abstracts. Novo mesto: Faculty of Information Studies. 2017, str. . http://itis.fis.unm.si/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ITIS-2017-Book-of-Abstracts.pdf. [COBISS.SI-ID 2048482323]
LOGAR, Nataša, BENEVOL GABRIJELČIČ, Katja, BREN, Urban, DOLENC, Sašo, KRAPEŽ, Katarina, ROMIH, Miro, ŽAGAR KARER, Mojca, KREK, Simon, GORJANC, Vojko, JEMEC TOMAZIN, Mateja, ARHAR HOLDT, Špela, FIŠER, Darja. Terminologija v poklicnem vsakdanu : stanje in potrebe. Slovenščina 2.0 : empirične, aplikativne in interdisciplinarne raziskave, ISSN 2335-2736, 2016, letn. 4, št. 1, str. 42-78. http://slovenscina2.0.trojina.si/arhiv/2016/1/Slo2.0_2016_1_05.pdf, doi: 10.4312/slo2.0.2016.1.42-78. [COBISS.SI-ID 63583074]