Study programme and level
|Lectures||Seminar||Tutorial||Druge oblike študija||Individual Work||ECTS|
Content (Syllabus outline)
- Anatomy of the negotiations in today’s age.
- The purpose of the negotiations.
- Definitions and basic principles of the negotiations.
- The negotiating framework, interval and bargaining power.
- Preparation for the negotiations.
- Negotiating strategies and techniques.
- Negotiating tactics and methods.
- The separation of people and relationships from a problem.
- Focus on interests and not positions.
- Creation of options that are in the interests of all sides.
- The use of objective criteria.
- Communication in the negotiations.
- The negotiating process and each stage of the negotiation process.
- The conclusion of the negotiations.
- Obstacles in the negotiations and how to overcome them.
- How do we deal with emotions in negotiation.
- The specifics of negotiations with several parties
- How to be a good negotiator.
- How to say “no” and still achieve a ‘ yes ‘
- Ethics and fairness in the negotiations.
- The psychology of negotiation.
- Culture and negotiation.
Objectives and competences
The subject pursue the following objectives:
– understanding the theoretical concept of the negotiations as a method of conflict management and resolution of disputes
– recognition of the usefulness of different negotiating strategies
– students will be able to manage the negotiating process
– recognition of errors and delays in negotiations and ways to overcome them
– identifying and developing new skills in his own life as a result of the negotiations.
- placing negotiation in context
- developing their negotiation skills set
- demonstrating how assumptions affect strategy, behaviours and outcomes in negotiation
- providing insight into and understanding of the neuroscience behind negotiation
- instilling good negotiation tactics / behaviours
creating awareness of the importance of negotiation planning and preparation
Intended learning outcomes
- get basic knowledge about concept, theoretical perspectives and fundamental principles of the negotiations
- be able to identify specific cases where it can be negotiation process used
- be familiar with the process of the negotiations, as well as the leader of the negotiations, as well as the negotiator
- be able to use acquired knowledge and skills in direct work with users
- conduct negotiations to win in simple matters
- master the skill of maintaining professional and personal autonomy in the relations.
Learning and teaching methods
- frontal instructions
- role-playing (managing a mediation process)
- role-playing (process of negotiation)
videotaping a process of mediation, analysis of a process
Written exam 50 %
Oral exam (role play: managing negotiation) 50 %