Study programme and level
|Lectures||Seminar||Tutorial||Druge oblike študija||Individual Work||ECTS|
Content (Syllabus outline):
Introduction to Minor Offence Law
Minor offence law in the system of penal law; Minor offence law in historical and comparative context; Minor offence law in relation to other branches of law (constitutional, criminal, administrative, civil law); Minor offenses under the case law of the European Court of Human Rights (European procedural safeguards in the process of Offences)
The definition of offenses; – The types of offenses (comissive and omissive violations / continuous and ongoing violations / offenses substantive and formal / general and specific offenses); – The application of the substantive provisions of the Act; – The sources of Minor offences; – The principle of legality in Minor offence law; – Fault principle (the principle of subjective liability); – Prohibition of retroactive legislation; – The principle of the most lenient regulation; – Territorial scope of Minor offence regulations; – The manner, place and time of service offenses; – Exclusion of illegality and criminality (selfdefense, extreme force, force and threat); – Attempt of the offense; – Forms of participation in the offense (accomplice, instigator, accomplice); – Merger of offenses (ideal and real merger); – The shape of the fault (negligence, willful misconduct); – The offense sanction (fine reminder points on the road with the expiry of the license and prohibiting the use of a license, the prohibition of driving a motor vehicle, expulsion of aliens from the country, confiscation);
– Liability of legal persons for offenses; – The responsibility of the responsible person; – Limitation of offenses. – Institute of limitation; – Limitation of actions; – Limitation of enforcement Substantive regulation offenses
Quick Minor offence procedure (procedure Minor offence authority)
The fundamental principles of Minor offence proceedings (presumption of innocence, the principle of material truth, the principle of free evaluation of evidence, the principle of procedural economy, the language of the proceedings, the right to request for judicial protection); – Real, local and personal jurisdiction of the offense authorities; – The commencement of proceedings for the offense – written proposal of eligible applicants or ex officio; – Identification of the Minor offence authority, that there are no conditions for the implementation of Minor offence proceedings; – Handling Minor offences body after finding conditions for initiating proceedings for the offense; – A warning as an alternative measure of Minor offence authorities; – Normal payment, a special payment and the special payment for violations of the provisions on stopping and parking of vehicles on the road; – Decision of the offense; – The total of offenses in cases where it is possible to issue different types of decisions; – The possibility of part payment of the fine under an expedited procedure; – Application of provisions of the Law on General Administrative Procedure Act (competence, representation, language in the process, roles, taking of evidence, summons, minutes, decision, scanning and copying files, hand hearings, service, exclusion); – Application of provisions that apply in the ordinary course of judicial proceedings (personal and house searches and seizures of objects, confiscation, detention, conveyance, security, representation of a foreign legal person, the victim’s rights in the process of mergers and elimination process, a stay of proceedings, adjudicate, the cost of the procedure) The request for judicial protection as legal protection against decisions of Minor offence authorities. – Request for judicial protection as a regular, one-sided, suspension and devolutivno appeal against the decision of Minor offence authorities; – Beneficiaries of
filing; – Deadline for the submission and responsibility for decision-making; – Withdrawal of the application for judicial review; – Content requirements; – Reasons for filing the application for judicial review; – The review of the offense body; – The decisions Minor offence authority in connection with the petition for judicial protection; – The decision of the Court in connection with the petition for judicial protection (procedural decisions substantive decisions, service of court decisions on the application for judicial review); – Appeal against a court decision on a request for judicial review (appeal to the offender, the appeal of the offense body)
The regular court proceedings
The fundamental principles of due process (the principle of material truth, hearing of the defendant, the unity of the legal proceedings against the person responsible for a free assessment of the evidence, the prohibition of abuse of rights, the principle of limited prejudice to the rights and freedoms of the accused – the detention of the accused the right to appeal, legal assistance); – Application of provisions of the Law on Criminal Procedure (the language of the proceedings, applications and protocols, service of documents, deadlines, interrogation of the defendant, the examination of witnesses, expert opinions, house and personal search, seizure and confiscation, the main issue in summary proceedings before the District Court, storage and management of seized items and other security AROs); – A preliminary question; – Territorial jurisdiction (territorial jurisdiction over the place of the offense – forum delicti commissi, the competence of the permanent or temporary residence, for example, if the jurisdiction of several courts, jurisdiction for participants in proceedings for an offense of a case); – Conflict of jurisdiction; – Elimination of (reasons for exclusion, the handling of culling, who may challenge, deciding on the exclusion, perform the acts of a decision on the request for exclusion, sensible application of the provisions of Disqualification); – The defense of the accused (rights of the accused, the representation of legal persons, joint proponent); – The victim and his representation; – Invitation; – The decision; – Annul the decision; – Reviewing the files; – The start of Minor offence proceedings – the promoters of the procedure; – An accusation proposal; – Process assessment accusation proposal; The court’s decision, if there are no conditions for the start of the regular judicial procedure; – Mergers and spin-offs of the procedure; – Measures to ensure the presence of the defendant and for the successful implementation of Minor offence proceedings (detention, the detention of persons under the influence of alcohol or other psychoactive substances, bringing a person is caught committing an offense, security); – Demonstrating the (interrogation of the defendant, the hearing of witnesses, see, expert opinions, psychiatric examination of the defendant, the seizure of objects); – Termination of the procedure; – Oral treatment (oral hearing in the absence of the accused, the public hearing, the beginning of the hearing, submission of evidence at the hearing); – A simplified procedure; – Monastic fine (fine for violation of the procedure, the fine for indecent behavior); – The judgment of the offense (Minor offence judgment is issued, evidence assessment, types of judgments, the ingredients written judgment, a judgment in which the process stops, confiscation judgment with which the defendant learns to be responsible, reasoning, legal instruction and signature); – Indemnification (indemnification proposal, deciding on the property claim); – The cost of the procedure (procedural costs, who pays the costs of the proceedings, the decision on costs, specific costs incurred in the proceedings by legal means, the cost of the procedure with an extraordinary remedy); – The right to appeal against the judgment of the Court of First Instance (dates and manner of filing of the complaint, termination of rights of appeal and withdrawal, the contents of the complaint, the grounds for appeal, infringement of essential procedural requirement, infringement of the substantive provisions of the Act, erroneous and incomplete factual findings, challenging the decision on sanction ); – Review of the judgment of the offense by the High Court of Justice (limited reference to violations of identifying unauthorized or complaint allegations of new facts and evidence ruling of the High Court on an appeal, expanded the scope of the appeal, the decision of the High Court, resolving other complaints).
Request for protection of legality as an extraordinary legal remedy in the hands of the Attorney General.
– Request for protection of legality as an extraordinary legal remedy; – Decisions which it is permissible to file a request for protection of legality; – Ground is a request for protection of legality; – The absence of the deadline for filing the application; – The person standing to bring the request for protection of legality; – Who decides on the request for protection of legality; – Application of provisions of the Law on Criminal Procedure in deciding on the request for protection of legality; – Supreme Court ruling on a request for protection of legality; – The possibility of suspension of enforcement of the judgment under appeal with a request for protection of legality.
Elimination or modification of the decision on the proposal of the offense body as an extraordinary remedy
A procedure for eliminating similar modification of the decision and the deadline for submission of the proposal; – Effects of the removal or modification of the decision of the offense.
Educational measures and sanctions against minors and Minor offence procedure against minors
– Minor in penal law; – The purpose of educational measures; – Educational measures; – Selection of a preventive measure, – Reprimand; – Instructions and prohibitions (school
attendance, and fittings for the benefit of humanitarian organizations or local government, passed a test of knowledge of traffic regulations, prohibition of driving a motor vehicle under the conditions under which the sanction imposed on adult offenders, mandatory attendance at educational, vocational, psychological or other counseling); – Supervision; – Stop the implementation of educational measures; – The possibility of imposing a fine older minors; – Impose educational measures to adult offenders for offenses committed by minors. – The basic principles of the proceedings against minors (principle of speed, the principle of exclusion of the public, the principle of compulsory hearing of a minor duty testimonials opportunity principle); – Territorial jurisdiction of the court in proceedings against a minor; – The unity of the proceedings against a minor; – Exclusion proceedings against a minor; – Notification of the initiation of proceedings against a minor; – The content of the decision of the offense on the imposition of a preventive measure; – Did not pay the costs; – Appeal in favor of the minor; – Possible publication of the process on the offense against a minor.
Withdrawal of the proceeds of an offense
Institute of deprivation; – The procedure for forfeiture of proceeds. – Withdrawal of the proceeds of an offense as obligate measure sui generis; – – Identification of proceeds; – – Assessment of proceeds; – – Theorem Asset Recovery;
Reparations, rehabilitation and other rights of persons who have been unjustifiably imposed sanctions or have been unjustifiably deprived of their liberty
– The right to compensation in legal theory; – – The right to reparation for ZP-1; – – Inheritance rights to compensation; – – Who has the right to compensation; – – Publication in the media; – – Recognition of seniority or of insurance; – – Appropriate use of these provisions for the application for compensation for unjustified or unduly imposed recovered fines, seizure, confiscation and the proceeds from the sold items.
Enforcement and records of decisions
– The finality of the decision as a precondition for the implementation of the decision; – The decision is enforceable (the existence of res judicata and where there are no legal obstacles to enforcement); – Security operation – prior to the execution of res judicata; – Suspension of objects as a form of insurance execution; – Execute fine – compliance detention; – Execution of criminal sanctions points in road transport and termination of the driving license; – Enforcement of sanctions ban on driving a motor vehicle; – Enforcement of sanctions seizure of items; – Enforce the sanction of expulsion from the country; – Execution costs and confiscation of proceeds; – Records of Minor offence authorities; – Records of final decisions of the courts; – Deletion of final decisions, judgments or decisions on Minor offence offenses of records – Database kept by the authorities for the procedure on Minor offences; – Keeping a record of the total penalty points.
Objectives and competences:
The purpose of this course is to familiarize students with minor offenses law, which in addition to the criminal law forms part of the criminal law in the Republic of Slovenia. Subject wants to present not only in positive regulation of offenses, but the wider role and institute misdemeanor law (substantive and procedural). The new regime of offenses has become deciding on Minor offence important function of administrative bodies (eg. Police, inspections, customs, tax administration, enforcement officers). To the positive foundation of Minor offence in the Minor Offences Act (ZP-1), the formation of Minor offence in addition to the above Act and the laws and regulations that define offenses affecting the constitutional relationship institutes administrative and criminal proceedings and the case law of the European Court of Human Rights . The aim of the course misdemeanor law is to acquaint students with the basic concepts Minor offence as separate legal discipline, which includes elements of criminal law as a broader concept of criminal law as well as elements of administrative law and positive legal regulation of misdemeanor law (substantive and procedural). Positive regulation based on the principle that the offenses rule violation authorities decide as administrative authorities, therefore constitutes a misdemeanor impose sanctions one of the main activities of offense authorities (administrative and other state authorities, local communities and holders of public authority). This is an important misdemeanor law includes a comprehensive study of public administration. By studying the content of the course, the student is trained in theoretical and practical work in the field Minor offence, especially for work in administrative and other state bodies, judicial bodies, corporations, etc.
Intended learning outcomes:
Knowledge and understanding:
– of basic concepts of misdemeanors and their placing in historical, legal system, and european comparative law context;
– familiarization with the basic substantive misdemeanor institutes; – familiarization with the rapid minor offenses procedure:
– familiarization with due process;
– the special protection of minors in the offense proceedings;
– students develop critical look at the efficiency ratio misdemeanor prosecution, on the one hand, and the protection of rights in the proceedings;
– ability to draw basic acts in violation procedure;
– ability to critically assess the respective applicable legislation and case law.
Learning and teaching methods:
– Interview / discussion
– Work with text
– Studying cases
– Case law
– Performances by students
Type (examination, oral, coursework, project): Written exam 100%
- TRATAR, Boštjan: Zakon o prekrških z uvodnimi pojasnili in stvarnim kazalom, Uradni list Republike Slovenije, Ljubljana 2003;
- TRATAR, Boštjan: Zakon o prekrških z uvodnimi pojasnili in s stvarnim kazalom, Bonex založba, Ljubljana 2000, str. 13 – 82.
- BELE, Ivan/ JENULL, Hinko/ MAČEK GUŠTIN, Špela/ TRATAR, Boštjan: Zakon o prekrških s komentarjem, GV Založba, Ljubljana 2005.
- ČAS, Petra/ Filipčič, Katja/ Fišer, Zvonko/ Jenull, Hinko/ Maček Guštin, Špela/ Orel, Nuša/ Perpar, Matej/ Selinšek, Liljana: Zakon o prekrških s komentarjem, GV Založba, Ljubljana 2009.
- Rafael Viltužnik/ Suzana Gril: Osnove prekrškovnega prava, Gospodarski vestnik, Ljubljana, 2001.
- Prečiščena (zadnja) verzija veljavnega Zakona o prekrških (ZP-1).TRATAR, Boštjan. Pomen pregona prekrškov za varnost v družbi. V: 10. slovenski dnevi varstvoslovja,med teorijo in prakso : zbornik prispevkov. [Ljubljana]: Fakulteta za varnostne vede, 2009, 8 str.http://www.fvv.uni-mb.si/dv2009/zbornik/clanki/Tratar.pdf.
MITSCH, Wolfgang: Fallsammlung zum Ordnungswidrigkeitenrecht, Springer Verlag, 2011.
MOELLER, Manfred/ Warg, Gunter: Allgemeines Polizei- und Ordnungsrecht, mit Verwaltungszwang und Bescheidtechnik, Deutscher Gemeindeverlag, 2011.
VEIĆ, Petar/ GLUŠČIĆ, Stjepan: Prekršajno pravo, opći dio, Narodne novine, Zagreb, 2009.
VEIĆ, Petar: Prekršajni zakon, Narodne novine, Zagreb, 2012.
SCHROEDER, Daniela: Polizei und Ordnungsrecht, Verlagsgruppe Huethig-Jehle-Rehm, 2011.
SWACKE, Peter: Recht der Ordnungswidrigkeiten, Deutscher Gemeindeverlag, 2006.
TRATAR, Boštjan. Vloga kazni v okviru pravosodja pri doseganju varnosti v družbi. V: PAGON, Milan (ur.). Dnevi varstvoslovja. Ljubljana: Visoka policijsko-varnostna šola, 2001, str. 199-207.
TRATAR, Boštjan. Neodvisni upravni senati v Avstriji kot organi odločanja o prekrških s pogledom na sodno prakso sodišča za človekove pravice.Pravosodni bilten, ISSN 1318-1459, 1999, letn. 20, [št. ]3, str. 177-197.
TRATAR, Boštjan. Prekrški – kazensko ali upravno pravo?. V:Dnevi slovenskih pravnikov 2002 : od 10. do 12. oktobra v Portorožu, (Podjetje in delo, ISSN 0353-6521, Letn. 28, št. 6/7). Ljubljana: Gospodarski vestnik, 2002, str. 1427-1435.
TRATAR, Boštjan. Prekrški : pravnosistemski pregled na primeru nemškega prava.Pravnik, ISSN 0032-6976. [Tiskana izd.], 2000, letn. 55, št. 6/8, str. 519-537.
TRATAR, Boštjan. Upravno kazensko pravo v pravnem sistemu republike Slovenije. V: Referate = Evropske integracije in pravosodje = Europäische Integrationen und die Justiz = Európai integráció és igaszágszolgáltatás : XV. Symposium der pannonischen Juristen, 8., 9. und 10. Juni 2001, Moravske toplice Slowenien. Moravske toplice: Društvo pravnikov v Pomurju, 2001.
TRATAR, Boštjan. Primerjalnopravni pogled na ureditev dela kaznovalnega prava – prava o prekrških. V:VII. dnevi javnega prava, Portorož, 4. – 6. junij 2001 : [10 let slovenske ustave], (Izobraževanje in usposabljanje v javni upravi, ISSN 1408-0427, 1/2001). Ljubljana: Inštitut za javno upravo, 2001, str. 375-402.