Study programme and level
|Lectures||Seminar||Tutorial||Druge oblike študija||Individual Work||ECTS|
Basic knowledge of English.
Content (Syllabus outline)
Overview of Legal English Terminology in the key areas of law: constitutional law, contract law and real property law, commercial law, criminal law.
Objectives and competences
Basic knowledge of legal terminology in the key areas of law;
Presentation of characteristics of Anglo-saxon law and institutions;
Ability to use Legal English terminology during the legal studies, the ability to use the terminology when analyzing and writing legal texts.
Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
Students will develop the following general competences:
- the ability to understand and apply basic legal terminology in the key areas of law
- the ability to understand the importance of legal terminology for the legal studies and for the legal practice
- the ability to understand the importance of comparative law and institutions
- the ability to read and analyze legal texts
- the ability to apply legal terminology, when analyzing legal texts.
Students will develop the following specific competences:
- they will learn how to access and study from the sources of various international legal databases
- they will learn the method of case-studies.
Learning and teaching methods
Individual work of students
Work with the texts
- written exam (80%)
- in-class participation (20%)
- seminar papers (optional).