Study programme and level
|Lectures||Seminar||Tutorial||Druge oblike študija||Individual Work||ECTS|
Content (Syllabus outline)
1. The skills and techniques of mediation.
2. The role of the pre-mediation meeting.
3. The mediation process and each stage of the mediation.
4. The role of the mediator.
5. The role of the parties in mediation.
6. The management of negotiations.
7. The key techniques in mediation.
8. The congestions in mediation and how to overcome them.
9. Completion of the mediation process.
10. Mediation agreement.
11. Conduct mediation in comediation.
12. Ethics in mediation.
13. The provisions in the field of mediation – the national and the european.
Objectives and competences
– be able to manage mediation process
– understand each stage of the mediation process and the entire process of mediation
– understand the role of the mediator and its implementation in practice
– be able to use mediation techniques and skills
– be able to comediate
– to recognize the errors and delays in the mediation and ways to overcome them
– be able to identify and develop new negotiation skills in his own life
Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
– upgrade knowledge, skills, techniques of mediation
– understand and know how to use the mediation process in a simple and more complicated cases
– know how to work with demanding clients
– be able to write mediation agreement
– be able to manage mediation by himself or in comediation with the other mediator
– be able to deal with ethical dilemmas
– be able to use acquired knowledge and skills in direct work with users
– be able to maintain professional and personal autonomy within the relations
Learning and teaching methods
– Frontal instructions
- work in small groups
- coversation, discussion, debate
– case study
– analysis of video (process of mediation)
– role playes
Written exam 30 %
Oral exam (role playing: managing mediation) 70%