Study programme and level
|Lectures||Seminar||Tutorial||Druge oblike študija||Individual Work||ECTS|
Content (Syllabus outline):
- The concept of social constitutional democracy
- The notion of the social state – as the constitutional concept and in the sense of the social value;
- The legal aspect of the social state. The constitution and the international law as the resource of the social state values. Theoretic and philosophical definition of the social state – as notion, principle and concept;
- Constitutional social and economic rights;
- Social state paradigm in the commentaries of Slovenian constitutional order and in the decisions of the Constitutional Court of Slovenia;
- Implementation of the social state in political, legal and other social practices.
Objectives and competences:
- Deliberative study about theory, philosophy and practice of the social state is included as subject in the study programme to present to students the social state as the constitutional value principle and concept, arising from the Slovenian Constitution. The objective of the teaching of this subject is to provide students the knowledge about links between social state and other constitutional values. It is planned to be done in a way to provide students the knowledge about the influence of this value on the regulatory processes, policies of the State and on the implementation of regulations as well.
- Focusing on critical education about constitutional social and economic rights.
- By educating the role of the value of the social state the students will be informed about the existing knowledge about the meaning of the constitutional principle of social state on the legal system. They will gain the competence to form critical analyses about forming of models of the legal regulation of the economic and social relations on such way that the value of the social state will provide them the ability to use the constitutional value in principle of social state as the political commitment, constitutional principle and direct resource of law.
- Deliberative study of the social state and socio-economic rights in the context of constitutional democracy.
Intended learning outcomes:
Knowledge and understanding:
- Students will gain fundamental and detailed information about the social state and constitutional social and economic rights. They will learn about the constitutional dimensions, regulatory policies and practice related to the social state. They will also learn about the implementation of these regulations in practice. This will enable them to connect the subject of the social state with the findings in philosophy and economy.
- By learning main issues about the social state the students will understand and will be acquainted for the active use of the constitutional law, theory, legal philosophy and technique for regulating human relations in social state.
Learning and teaching methods:
– seminars, activities of students
Type (examination, oral, coursework, project):
– written exam-seminar: 70%
– oral presentation and oral examination: 30%
- Andraž Teršek: Socialna ustavna demokracija. Iz teorije in filozofije v prakso. Univerzitetna založba Univerze na Primorskem in Pedagoška fakulteta, Koper, pomlad 2017.
- Lovro Šturm (Ur.): Komentar Ustave Republike Slovenije. FPDEŠ; Ljubljana, 2002.
- Izbrane odločbe Ustavnega sodišča Republike Slovenije.
- Andraž Teršek: Teorija legitimnosti in sodobno ustavništvo. Univerzitetna založba Annales, Koper, 2014.
- Tony Judt: Deželi se slabo godi. Razprava o sedanjem nezadovoljstvu. Mladinska knjiga, Ljubljana, 2011.
- Andraž Teršek: Pravna ignoranca škodi. Kritika pravne prakse 2. Univerzitetna založba Annales, Koper, 2016.
- Thomas Humphrey Marshall: Državljanstvo, razred in socialna država. Založba Sophia, Ljubljana, 2012.
• Andraž Teršek: ustavna demokracija in vladavina prava. UP FAMNIT, Koper, 2009.
• Andraž Teršek, Tonči Kuzmanić (Ur.): Možnosti politike danes. Univerzitetna založba Annales, Koper, 2015.
• Andraž Teršek: Socialna ustavna demokracija. Iz teorije in filozofije v prakso. Univerzitetna založba Univerze na Primorskem in Pedagoška fakulteta, Koper, pomlad 2017.
• Andraž Teršek: Teorija legitimnosti in sodobno ustavništvo. Univerzitetna založba Annales, Koper, 2014.
• Andraž Teršek: Pravna ignoranca škodi. Kritika pravne prakse 2. Univerzitetna založba Annales, Koper, 2016.