Study programme and level
|Lectures||Seminar||Tutorial||Druge oblike študija||Individual Work||ECTS|
Fundamental knowledge of relationships among employers and workers, and of legal arrangements of such relationships.
- The definition and incorporation of labor and social law in the national and international legal context
- The importance of international labor and social law
- The constitutional basis of the labour and social law
- The development of individual employment relationships in terms of providing social security
- The representativeness of trade unions and employer organizations, European and national social dialogue
- Prevention and resolution of labour and social disputes
Objectives and competences
To obtain knowledge on the field of the labour law and social security law enabling them for the work in the judiciary service (courts, prosecutors offices), in private law firms and presenting individuals in the judiciary litigations. They also obtain skills and knowledge to perform acts in the commercial companies and state authorities.
Students will develop basic competences in the way to acquire the ability of active participation in creation and application of the law in the different areas. Since they are systematically taught about legal acts and legal norms in the field of labour and social law, they are trained for the application of legal sources on the different levels like the national level, international level as well as in the processes of the social dialogue among social partners.
Students will develop subject-specific competences:
Gaining the capability to evaluate the quality of legal acts and regulations and for the identification of their weak points; the valuation of the main purpose of the regulation on the bases of the legal principles of labour law and social law; the skill to train human resources managers about the use of legal regulation of the employment relations; the skill and knowledge to research the area of labour and social security, the skill and knowledge to perform the surveillance over the implementation of the labour and social law.
Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
To obtain the profound understanding of relevant provisions and institutes on the field of the labour law and social security law.
To master the use of provisions independently as well as to lead others in the processes of use of regulations. To be capable to take part in the processes of the creation of law.
Learning and teaching methods
Types of learning/teaching:
Work in smaller groups or pair work
Independent students work
Inviting guests from companies
– short written assignments 30%
– long written assignments 70%
– alternative mode: written exam 100%